The Influence of Staffing to Work Performance - Study on Employees at Production Division of PT Samick Indonesia

Pupung Purnamasari, Endang Mahpudin

Abstract

Employee performance in Production Section at PT. Samick Indonesia is indicated to be still low as seen from the lack of a sense of responsibility of employees in the work that resulted in production levels that do not reach the target. This is very possible because the placement of employees in the Production Department at PT. is still not effective as seen from the mismatch between abilities, skills, and expertise with job specialization, as well as inappropriate placement of academic and skill sciences. The method used in this research is quantitative method with associative statistical approach to know the relation between employee placements as independent variable with work performance as dependent variable. The data collection is done by distributing questionnaires to the employees on the production scale at PT. Samick Indonesia as many as 60 respondents. Data analysis and statistical hypothesis testing is done by simple linear regression analysis. The conclusion of this study found that employee placement on work performance obtained correlation coefficient value of r = 0.49. The results of statistical hypothesis testing that there is significant effect of employee placement on job performance in Production Section at PT. Samick Indonesia. The amount of influence employee placement on work performance based on the calculation of coefficient of determination obtained by 24.01%; and the rest of 75.99% influenced by other factors not discussed in this research.

Download


Paper Citation


in Harvard Style

Purnamasari P. and Mahpudin E. (2017). The Influence of Staffing to Work Performance - Study on Employees at Production Division of PT Samick Indonesia.In Proceedings of the 2nd Global Conference on Business, Management and Entrepreneurship - Volume 1: GC-BME, ISBN 978-989-758-333-9, pages 96-105. DOI: 10.5220/0007115400960105


in Bibtex Style

@conference{gc-bme17,
author={Pupung Purnamasari and Endang Mahpudin},
title={The Influence of Staffing to Work Performance - Study on Employees at Production Division of PT Samick Indonesia},
booktitle={Proceedings of the 2nd Global Conference on Business, Management and Entrepreneurship - Volume 1: GC-BME,},
year={2017},
pages={96-105},
publisher={SciTePress},
organization={INSTICC},
doi={10.5220/0007115400960105},
isbn={978-989-758-333-9},
}


in EndNote Style

TY - CONF

JO - Proceedings of the 2nd Global Conference on Business, Management and Entrepreneurship - Volume 1: GC-BME,
TI - The Influence of Staffing to Work Performance - Study on Employees at Production Division of PT Samick Indonesia
SN - 978-989-758-333-9
AU - Purnamasari P.
AU - Mahpudin E.
PY - 2017
SP - 96
EP - 105
DO - 10.5220/0007115400960105