Effects of Work Ethos on Creativity

Kurjono Kurjono, F. Ragusa, L. Guarnera, A. Furnari, S. Battiato, G. Signorello, G. M. Farinella

Abstract

This study reported the importance of improving education in work ethos in order to createstudent creativity in establishing entrepreneurial attitudes. The objective of this study is to identify the effect of work ethos on the creativity of vocational students. Therefore, it can be easily identified indicators that should be maintained and improved. This present study applied the creativity theory by Mac Kinnon. In this study, the involved research population was all students of vocational school in Bandung and 345 students were chosen as the samples. In addition, the data were collected using questionnaire and then the data processing was executed using a linear regression analysis. The results of this study showed that work ethos education had a positive effect on creativity (15.2%) and the remaining 84.8% was influenced by other factors. Based on the findings in this study, it was found that the highest creativity variable indicator could be found in terms of the creative product. On the other hand, the indicator of work ethos variable was solidarity. As for the further studies, it is suggested that there are some indicators that should be improved covering the creativity variable that is creative process, while work ethos variable is productive.

Download


Paper Citation


in Harvard Style

Kurjono K. (2017). Effects of Work Ethos on Creativity.In Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Economic Education and Entrepreneurship - Volume 1: ICEEE, ISBN 978-989-758-308-7, pages 373-377. DOI: 10.5220/0006886403730377


in Harvard Style

Ragusa F., Guarnera L., Furnari A., Battiato S., Signorello G. and Farinella G. (2018). Localization of Visitors for Cultural Sites Management.In Proceedings of the 15th International Joint Conference on e-Business and Telecommunications - Volume 1: ICETE, ISBN 978-989-758-319-3, pages 407-413. DOI: 10.5220/0006886404070413


in Bibtex Style

@conference{icete18,
author={F. Ragusa and L. Guarnera and A. Furnari and S. Battiato and G. Signorello and G. M. Farinella},
title={Localization of Visitors for Cultural Sites Management},
booktitle={Proceedings of the 15th International Joint Conference on e-Business and Telecommunications - Volume 1: ICETE,},
year={2018},
pages={407-413},
publisher={SciTePress},
organization={INSTICC},
doi={10.5220/0006886404070413},
isbn={978-989-758-319-3},
}


in EndNote Style

TY - CONF

JO - Proceedings of the 15th International Joint Conference on e-Business and Telecommunications - Volume 1: ICETE,
TI - Localization of Visitors for Cultural Sites Management
SN - 978-989-758-319-3
AU - Ragusa F.
AU - Guarnera L.
AU - Furnari A.
AU - Battiato S.
AU - Signorello G.
AU - Farinella G.
PY - 2018
SP - 407
EP - 413
DO - 10.5220/0006886404070413


in Bibtex Style

@conference{iceee17,
author={Kurjono Kurjono},
title={Effects of Work Ethos on Creativity},
booktitle={Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Economic Education and Entrepreneurship - Volume 1: ICEEE,},
year={2017},
pages={373-377},
publisher={SciTePress},
organization={INSTICC},
doi={10.5220/0006886403730377},
isbn={978-989-758-308-7},
}


in EndNote Style

TY - CONF

JO - Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Economic Education and Entrepreneurship - Volume 1: ICEEE,
TI - Effects of Work Ethos on Creativity
SN - 978-989-758-308-7
AU - Kurjono K.
PY - 2017
SP - 373
EP - 377
DO - 10.5220/0006886403730377