The Effects of Visual Merchandising, Layout, Store Facility, Store Atmosphere on Store Patronage

Andreas Wijaya, Ongky Alex Sander

Abstract

This study examines the effects of a visual merchandising, layout, store facility, and store atmosphere effects on store patronage in Transmart Carrefour Cempaka Putih Central Jakarta. Using the purposive sampling, 85 complete samples were obtained via field questionnaire survey. The research model was tested using Smart PLS02 and the result of correlation test of store atmosphere variables was 64.98% influenced by a visual merchandising, layout, and store facilities and the rest of 35.02% were influenced by other variables not examined in this study. Store patronage variables were influenced by the store atmosphere by 9.60%, while the remaining 90.4% influenced by other variables not examined in this study. The result of the hypothesis test is H1 accepted, which means that the store atmosphere variable has a significant influence on the variable of store atmosphere. H2 is rejected, which means layout variables does not have a significant influence on the store atmosphere. H3 is accepted, which means store facilities variables have a significant influence on the shop atmosphere. H4 is accepted, which means that the store atmosphere variables have a significant influence on store patronage.

Download


Paper Citation


in Harvard Style

Wijaya A. and Sander O. (2018). The Effects of Visual Merchandising, Layout, Store Facility, Store Atmosphere on Store Patronage.In Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Entrepreneurship and Business Management - ICEBM Untar, ISBN 978-989-758-363-6, pages 185-190. DOI: 10.5220/0008490301850190


in Bibtex Style

@conference{icebm untar18,
author={Andreas Wijaya and Ongky Alex Sander},
title={The Effects of Visual Merchandising, Layout, Store Facility, Store Atmosphere on Store Patronage},
booktitle={Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Entrepreneurship and Business Management - ICEBM Untar,},
year={2018},
pages={185-190},
publisher={SciTePress},
organization={INSTICC},
doi={10.5220/0008490301850190},
isbn={978-989-758-363-6},
}


in EndNote Style

TY - CONF

JO - Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Entrepreneurship and Business Management - ICEBM Untar,
TI - The Effects of Visual Merchandising, Layout, Store Facility, Store Atmosphere on Store Patronage
SN - 978-989-758-363-6
AU - Wijaya A.
AU - Sander O.
PY - 2018
SP - 185
EP - 190
DO - 10.5220/0008490301850190